Our customers and colleagues are at the very heart of what we do. To achieve this, we employ exceptional people who are engaged and rewarded for the value they bring to the organisation and who are able to demonstrate our leading behaviours – Be bold in what you do, be flexible and agile, and make a positive difference.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Branch Manager who will work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure all accounts develop profitability and that the Woking branch runs smoothly. This is a “hands on” position where you will have the opportunity to progress and develop your career with SIG.
We offer a great opportunity to build your career in a market leading business, along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, a great pension, life insurance and a share save scheme.
What does the role involve?
As Assistant Branch Manager, you will be responsible for managing existing accounts be proactive in internal & external sales calls, maximise sales opportunities and work on the trade counter as required. You will take full responsibility for the branch in the manager’s absence and be expected to operate a Zero Harm Health and Safety policy. Full training will be provided for the right applicant.
The successful candidate will require:
• Supervisory experience and a good knowledge of the trade/construction industry as well as knowledge of products and services available from SIG
• Previous exposure to all aspects of a branch, including Sales, Operations, Administration and Stock Control
• Great communication and organisational skills and an excellent telephone manner
• A methodical approach and an eye for detail, as well as being IT literate
• Self-motivation and the ability to embrace change
SIG Plc. is a leading supplier of specialist building materials to trade customers across Europe with strong positions in its core markets as a specialist distributor of insulation and interiors products and as a merchant of roofing and exteriors products
Employment Type: Permanent