Every week, Riverford delivers organic food to around 80,000 homes and businesses across the UK. This takes loads of brilliant people, from growers to IT experts, and more besides!
We’re a friendly, forward-thinking bunch, and our three core values – Stronger Together, Do Things Well and Independence – run through everything we do. We celebrate diversity, valuing, supporting and developing the whole person as an equal opportunities’ employer. In 2018, Riverford became employee owned. Working here makes you a ‘co-owner’, our way of saying ’employee’.
It’s not just a name – every co-owner can play a part in shaping Riverford. Success means much more than just profits; we want this to be a place people enjoy coming to work, and a business our co-owners feel proud of. We’re also proud to be a B Corp – a certification for ethical businesses who work not just for profit, but also to benefit people and the planet.
What you’ll be doing
Riverford is a successful e-commerce business, selling a diverse range of 100% organic products: from our iconic veg boxes, through to meat, dairy, recipe boxes and more. This role sits in Marketing, reporting into our Head of Commercial. Your primary focus will be on producing and implementing the strategy for our ‘extras range’ (i.e. all the extra bits and bobs customers can order alongside their veg box).
Celebrating seasonality is at the heart of Riverford, so you’ll make sure that our extras range celebrates every season of the year. You’ll take complete ownership of the ongoing performance of all extras products, including pricing and overall promotion of the category, to maximise sales and consumer appeal. The remit spans forecasting, sales performance, competitor positioning and working with wider stakeholders to ensure our range remains fit for purpose and satisfies our customers’ needs.
You’ll work closely with the Procurement Team to ensure that there are adequate stocks to underpin the sales forecast and strategy. This role is integral to the strategy of the business, offering the exciting opportunity to shape the future of Riverford’s product range. It would suit someone with experience in understanding consumer needs and the commercial positioning of the overall business, directed by our strong, meaningful ethics.
This is a permanent contract, 40 hours a week, usually Monday to Friday.
Based at Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU
– Devise and manage the long-term extras strategy ensuring that the focus is on seasonality, satisfying consumer needs, food trends and commercial targets
– Undertake analysis of key performance indicators relating to sales and profit to build up trend data and identify opportunities for growth
– Use historical data and current insights to generate the weekly and annual sales forecast
– Manage the promotional calendar for the extras range ensuring that promotions are relevant and sensitive to the seasonality of the product
– Maintain insight on how we compare to our competitors on product range and put forward proposals for any potential changes
– Set the retail pricing for the extras products ensuring that prices are fair, competitive and that targets are met
– Work with both our chefs and the customer team to understand food trends and customer needs, factoring in any insight into future developments
– Conduct detailed ad-hoc analysis when required
Skills & experience
– Strong experience within a strategic and analytical role
– Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to create and implement strategic development
– Strong analytical skills – ability to absorb and interpret large amounts of information
– Ability to present in a clear and concise manner to various levels across the business
– Ideally have previous experience in sales forecasting
– Ideally retail or e-commerce business experience
– Enjoys building relationships and seeking inspiration from others
– Enjoys detail, accuracy and is analytical being able to identify trends and opportunities
– Enjoys working under pressure and to deadlines
– Self-motivated and willing to assume responsibility
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
– Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail; a genuine interest in making sure we deliver quality fresh produce to our customers
– Be passionate about the Riverford values and what that means in the way we look after our people
Salary Up to £32,000 per annum depending on experience
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too.
– 33 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
– Generous company pension scheme
– Annual profit share; 10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners
– 25% off everything we sell
– Heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches, home-cooked by our canteen chefs, at our two biggest sites
– Free organic fruit and veg!
– Enhanced maternity / paternity pay (plus six months of free veg boxes)
– An annual allowance to spend on Riverford branded clothing
– Lots of free co-owner events, including two massive parties a year
– Flexible working options
– Life assurance cover
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Category Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Employment Type: Permanent