EJ586 – Electrical Systems Engineer
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Electrical Systems Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
This role is aimed at the electrical aspects of the site’s facilities and infrastructure therefore an engineer who is familiar with various engineering disciplines including: electronics, software, mechanical and manufacturing would be ideal. Although expertise in these areas is not expected, a working knowledge is deemed essential.
Our client is keen to encourage applications from ex-military candidates however, all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To become intimately familiar with a large, varied and complex facility, to understand the demands placed on the equipment from the intended (and unintended) use and combine that knowledge with an understanding of required changes such that well documented, justified and practical changes can be implemented.
- Keep safety at the fore of the design process.
- Generate design documentation, change definition and change justifications. Record knowledge.
- Understand the challenges of working with legacy equipment designed and built over half a century ago and combining it with cutting-edge technology.
- Interact with Project Management functions and participate fully in the generation of plans and monitoring of their progress.
- Perform analytical assessment of the site.
- Review telemetry and data gathered from operational equipment to understand performance.
- Propose and justify spares inventories for new and legacy equipment.
- Take engineering ownership of entire projects such as the refurbishment of significant plant assets.
- Author documentation such as Work Instructions, procedures and user manuals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or closely related subject.
- Industrial experience (2+ years).
- Experience of HV equipment, switchgear and high power electric motors.
- Ability to design safe circuits and present in clear engineering drawings.
- Highly numerate and confident with analytical methods.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of industrial machinery.
- Understand the application of formal design control and change procedures.
- Appreciate the importance of continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret and apply industry standards and legislative requirements.
- PC literate with the ability to learn to operate software beyond the basic word processing and spreadsheet packages.
- The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type: Permanent