Company & Team – “About Us”
The IHS Markit Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform is a best-in-class workflow automation platform with data management at its core, putting quality, actionable, and audited data at the centre of customer’s organizations.
No matter the complexity, volume, or scope of the project, EDM ensures confidence, automation, consistency, governance, and accuracy in data and the surrounding technology that is critical to decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities – “Your Role”
With the maritime and shipping industry investing heavily in digital transformation and data-driven initiatives, the sector is one of the fastest growing client bases for IHS Markit EDM, and the business is looking for experienced maritime and shipping implementation leaders who are seeking a high impact role in a dynamic, fast-growing, and successful team. Suitable candidates will wish to make an immediate positive impact on our maritime and shipping client’s implementations and internal improvement initiatives.
You are responsible for providing a range of services to deliver the EDM product suite through consultation with internal and external clients. A good blend of technical competency, business/data expertise and project management skills are required. While you will be based out of the IHS Markit office, the role will be one that is on-site with clients regularly juggling several projects at a time within the North American or EMEA region.
An IHS Markit EDM Specialist is a high value independent professional who is the project initiator and manager for EDM implementations:
- Takes the lead in all aspects of implementation at a client’s site
- Visit’s client sites and has detailed working knowledge of how Markit EDM products are supporting their business
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the financial services industry and associated technologies
- Partners with Sales and Client Management to identify new opportunities to extend usage of the IHS Markit EDM product suite
- Provides consulting services to customers including identifying needs, developing, influencing, documenting, and implementation proposals
- Participates in pre-sales activity including product demos, POCs, workshops, discovery sessions and RFP activities
- Trains/mentors/coaches less experienced analysts and consultants
- Serves as project manager (or partner with) to establish work plans, manage issues/risks and track progress against budget
- Interacts with clients and keeps appropriate management abreast of project issues
- Supports and contributes to EDM best practices from project and product experience gained
- Provide business requirements specifications on which to base development work upon. Communicates with clients throughout the implementation project life cycle
- May act as a resource to assist project team in the Development and/or Testing process
- Capable of quality testing the project deliverables ensuring they are in line with documented requirements
- Leads business handover meetings to ensure Markit EDM Support have a thorough understanding of the implementation
Job Requirements – “About You”
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ maritime and shipping industry experience with 3 years in consulting services
- Strong analytical skills with extensive project management and client senior stakeholder management as vendor
- Proven track record of project delivery and/or software implementation experience gained ideally from a buy or sell-side environment
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum and waterfall processes and SDLC
- Ability to scope out and uncover commercial and product opportunities
- Ability to understand financial impact of any decisions/activities
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL/Oracle), data mining, data warehousing and data modelling concepts
- Ability to prioritise activities by managing a constantly evolving plan measured against client requirements
- Experience in leading and coaching a team of talented individuals, focusing on their strengths and business needs to achieve high performance and desired outcomes
- Proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first-class customer service whilst delivering value added solutions to address customer needs
- Travel within North America and EMEA regions will be required
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and a confident and articulate presenter to internal/external audiences
- Ability to build effective working relationships and establish credibility amongst a wide and sometimes demanding client group
- An ability to have the tougher conversations sometimes required to keep a project on track
- Team player and able to interact with product, operations, and technical teams in a professional manner
- Capable of steering a customer but also taking direction where required from colleague and peers
Job Benefits – “What we offer”
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Employment Type: Permanent