OATS Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of our client – a health diagnostics business for temporary Laboratory Technicians to work night shifts in Sheffield.
Roles and responsibilities of a laboratory technician are as follows:
* Decanting neat urine samples into stabilising solution.
* Transferring neat swab samples into a stabilising solution.
* Centrifuging blood samples.
* Decanting serum samples into false bottom tubes.
* Reporting any non-conformance or accidents to the a member of management.
* Ensures the quality of their work.
* Operates in conformance with the requirements of the management system and quality manual.
* Adheres to the requirements of the confidentiality disclosure agreement and policy.
* Handling and correct disposal of confidential and hazardous waste streams.
* Logging and reporting Problem Samples
Candidates must have (and be able to prove) a minimum of Biology A level A-C grade.
This is a temporary ongoing post but there is a chance that could be extended for the right person. The shifts are 6am – 2pm or 2pm – 10pm Monday – Friday with optional overtime on Saturdays 9am – 5pm. Please apply now for immediate consideration
Employment Type: Permanent