We are recruiting for a new team of Lab Techicians to work in within the Quality team and make sure that the team meet Refresco’s quality standards, whilst demonstrating the Refresco values.
Ideally you will have experience in FMCG Manufacturing Plant as a Quality team member and understanding of GMP.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Sampling as scheduled at all specific points on raw materials, manufacturing process and finished goods in terms of chemical and microbiological analysis.
* Micro analysis of samples as per specified methods.
* Inform Technical/Production Managers of results outside specification for instigation of corrective actions.
* Observe company health and safety procedures as laid down, and be proactive in ensuring continuance of updating procedures
* Give technical support to the other company departments when required
* Assist Quality Management with implementation of quality systems and project work.
* Ensure that all analytical equipment is maintained and calibrated to the required standards and schedules
* Carry out product sensory panels to meet requirements
* Ensure raw materials & chemicals used within laboratory are within acceptable date criteria.
* Ensure the quality laboratory operation meets the requirements of external accredited bodies by following procedures carefully
* Support each other within team to provide resource whenever required to resolve problems and prevent customer & consumer complaints
* Arrange service contracts and maintain equipment to high standards
* Order all materials and equipment as required
* Ensure that all quality and food safety checks are carried out satisfactorily
* Ensure that GMP and internal audits are completed on time
The salary for this role is competitive and dependent upon experience.
We also offer an annual bonus incentive and a company pension scheme, 2 x basic salary life assurance plus 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays (with the option to purchase additional holidays).
They are shift based roles, working hours are 6.00 am to 14.00 pm and 14.00 to 2200 (40 hours per week) and they will rotate weekly.
Our current UK Business unit has six manufacturing plants (soon to be seven) providing a great place to work for 1600 employees producing private label soft drinks and fruit juices for all the leading retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison’s, Sainsburys, ALDI and Lidl. We also manufacture for branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray, Weetabix, Del Monte and Um Bongo. Whether it’s packed in Cartons, PET, Aseptic PET or Cans, we ensure that our products are not only manufactured to the highest quality standards but they get where they need to be when they need to get there to meet the needs of our high profile customers
Employment Type: Permanent