Our client who operates a 24/7 manufacturing environment, is looking to recruit Manufacturing Technicians who will be able to work a shift pattern, great for those early birds and night time owls!
The Manufacturing Technician will have their own area of responsibility, and manufacturing will depend on you to make sure it runs like clockwork.
Youll be working at one of our largest sites. In a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The Manufacturing Technician will have the following responsibilities..
* Maintain plant and machinery to a high standard – safe, reliable and efficient
* Troubleshoot, find ways to continually improve the performance of equipment
* Proactively schedule maintenance to maximise service levels
* Positively contribute to the facilitys development.
Operate high speed packing lines achieving challenging plans and maintaining operational effectiveness while providing technical support
Sustain and challenge key performance indicators while delivering high quality standards
Ensure the plans are delivered and achieved for planned preventative maintenance, customer service and waste reduction targets
Carry out fast efficient line changeovers as part of an effective team always challenging the method of operation and seeking continuous improvement
To develop, train and challenge the team and yourself to achieve new goals
Develop and sustain improvement plans for the line, working closely with other team to gain the upmost competitive advantage
To succeed in this role the Manufacturing Technician will have the following skills and experience
A multiskilled, qualified engineer. You will know what its like working in a complex, demanding role. Equally importantly, you:
* Can balance the need to address immediate problems and daily tasks with the ability to plan future improvements
* Communicate well, influence and keep others well informed
* Keep up to date with new technologies and find practical ways to apply your knowledge
* Innovate. Challenge the status quo
NVQ level 2 or above in a mechanical engineering
Previous engineering experience in a relevant field
Employment Type: Permanent