Job Title: Planning Enforcement Officer – Fixed Term 2 years
Salary: £30,451 – £32,234 per annum
Job Type: Full time (37 hours per week), Fixed Term (2 Years)
Closing Date: 16th December 2020
Are you looking for a challenge, and a diverse range of work? Do you want to work in an innovative, positive team that shapes and develops the places they live and work in?
If so, they want to hear from you!
Working in Telford & Wrekin Council’s highly professional Development Management Team, Planning Enforcement Officers deal with a range of planning enforcement matters and are responsible for protecting the public and the environment by ensuring compliance with both planning and enforcement legislation.
* To be responsible for the delivery of operational functions through audit/inspections, investigations, surveys, sampling, monitoring, projects, dealing with service requests and provision of advice and guidance on all core areas designated to the post regarding planning enforcement to determine compliance with legal requirements.
* To be responsible for the delivery of service priorities, aims and objectives assigned to the post by appropriate means.
* To input, interrogate, analyse data and produce reports related to the requirements of the post.
* To gather evidence, prepare and serve legal notices and papers, statements, case files and other legal documents as may be necessary and to attend court and other formal legal hearings.
* To contribute to the development of strategies, procedures and policies in areas assigned to the post.
* To deal with a caseload of minor planning applications which are submitted as a result of enforcement investigation/action, within set timescales, including carrying out necessary site visits and negotiation of changes and legal agreements to schemes on behalf of other Council officers and external agencies.
* A relevant qualification at BTEC or NVQ level 4 or equivalent qualifications and experience
* The possession of a planning or law degree
* Proven experience to demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of up to date planning legislation and its practical application
* Proven experience of working in a regulatory background
* Proven experience of presenting cases to formal legal hearings
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Graduate Planner, Planning Enforcement Officer, Strategic Planner, Planning Officer, Development Officer, Consultation Officer, Planner, Specialist Planner, Technical Planning Assistant, Strategic Planning Officer, Planning Technician, Planning Controller, Planning Consultant, Graduate may also be considered for this role
Employment Type: Contract