A fantastic opportunity for a Production Controller has arisen with an industry-leading electrical manufacturing company based in Somerset.
Do you have experience of planning and overseeing the day to day production work of a workshop assembly team?
Are you looking for a role with variety, challenge and where you can play a major role in this company’s growth and development?
In this role, you will work closely with the Operations Manager. The main objectives of this role are to plan and oversee an area of the Production team and support the management of the whole production function.
Having direct line management responsibility for a team of employees, you will manage your own and the team’s workload and performance within tight deadlines, ensuring that a high level of productivity and quality is delivered at all times.
The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing background, have experience planning work for the production department, work on continuous improvement projects and have good problem-solving skills.
This is a great role for someone looking for a role with technical development and where your skills and experience will be valued and utilised.
- Plan and oversee day to day and planned production work of the Production team in line with Company work processes and procedures
- Control production and labour resource to meet order requirements in line with lead times
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping and health and safety are maintained at all times
- Liaise closely with other departments including Sales and Technical
- Monitor productivity and quality; investigate and follow correct procedures to deal with issues promptly e.g. missing items/faulty or damaged
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities across the production area, and develop work processes to meet and maintain Company standards
- Ideally have proven experience of managing or supervising teams in a manufacturing environment, preferably within electronics.
- Ability to step into certain roles when the business requires additional help i.e…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type: Permanent