The purpose of the job is to safely manage the delivery of decommissioning projects to an agreed timescale, cost and quality. The Job Holder will be responsible for the management and control of projects throughout the project lifecycle
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop project management strategies, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
* Create, implement and maintain programme baselines and strategies for the project, taking into account analysis of dependencies and constraints, scope, risks and assumptions.
* Implement organisational governance structures for projects, ensuring application of CDM requirements as defined in STD2008.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
* Monitor and report on internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
* Manage the production of project documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, DMR’s, works control documentation and project reports.
* Apply appropriate project management techniques and configuration measures.
* Prepare handover documentation and manage project handover.
* Efficiently manage projects within the bounds of the safety case.
* Review and report on identified problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions.
* Have arrangements in place for Dounreay to directly control all nuclear safety and security matters associated with the project.
* Ensure that in instances where the contractor does not adopt DSRL’s safety and security management requirements then the contractor’s safety and security management arrangements are of at least an equivalent standard to DSRL’s.
* Ensure that any major contractors who are operating or maintaining DSRL’s facilities are competent to DSRL’s standards and appointed as required to the appropriate SERP.
* Participate in site emergency exercises as required.
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments where relevant to the post.
* Manage DSRL staff as a Line Manager
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
* 5 years Project Management experience
* Experience of managing projects on a Nuclear site
* Experience in contract management.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
* Experience in Decommissioning and Waste Management would be an advantage
Employment Type: Contract