Our client is looking for a Secretary with previous experience in a legal environment to join their commercial property department based at Clifton Moor. This is a fixed term contract position for a period of 9 months. The successful candidate will provide a confidential secretarial service to the Commercial Property Department with duties including:
* To efficiently and promptly deal with word processing, audio typing and the inputting of documents and correspondence of team members as required.
* To accurately deal with filing – storage and retrieval of files, according to the Firm’s and the Department’s system.
* To maintain files in a neat and tidy order.
* To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date Outlook diary for team members.
* To deal with incoming and outgoing post, correctly differentiating between DX post and Royal Mail post.
* To photocopy and scan documents to required standard.
* To assist team with general administrative tasks including the preparation of plans.
* To complete SDLT Forms
* To complete LR Forms.
* To prepare Financial statements and finance chits for checking/signature by Fee Earner
* To deal professionally with clients, colleagues and other professional agencies on the telephone and in person as required.
* To accurately record messages and forward them to the appropriate person without delay.
* To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the Firm’s and client’s documentation and/or information.
* To provide fee earners and clients with refreshments during interviews as required, clearing crockery immediately following interviews.
* To attend training/refresher courses and meetings as required by the Department Head
* To co-operate and take part in the Firm’s Performance Management Scheme
* To ensure compliance with the Firm’s Lexcel and CQS policies as appropriate
* To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be required
Employment Type: Contract