Shift Operations Technician
Up to £35,000
MC Technical Recruitment are exclusively partnered with Pinnacle Power for the recruitment at their new state-of-the-art Energy from Waste plant – Bridgwater EfW.
The new facility will employ up to 20 full-time operational staff, processing approximately 100,000 tonnes of commercial & municipal RDF per year, producing approximately 7.75MW at net capacity.
We are actively seeking to recruit a team of experienced Shift Operations Technicians / O&M Technicians, to carry out general operational & maintenance duties across the plant to ensure safe & efficient operation of the plant. As part of the shift operations team, you will help operate the plant from a computer based central control room.
As the Shift Operations Technician, you will be responsible for:
• Ensure operational activities are carried out on a safe manner in line with company Health, Safety & Environmental policies
• Using SCADA control systems to safely monitor & control the plant
• Undertake training & develop competence with regards to operational & H&S rules
• Perform routine plant test & inspection
• Operate the main boiler, turbine & plant from the central control room, standing in for senior operator as required
• Analyse process performance via data received while logging all operational activity
• Execute comprehensive shift handovers at end/beginning of shift
• Effectively react to planned & unplanned repairs & maintenance (EC&I / Mechanical)
• Supporting with mobile plant operations as needed
• Other duties as required
To be considered for this position, you should have:
• Demonstrable Operations or Maintenance experience in the power or process sector such as energy from waste, CCGT, Coal, Oil Biomass or time served maintenance discipline
• Engineering / technical qualification highly advantageous
• Exposure to demanding & dynamic environments, proven team-based ability to work logically & remain calm
• Be highly motived with strong communication skills
• Knowledge of & commitment to relevant health & safety regulation, safe working environments & Safety rules
This is a permanent position based in the Bridgwater area of Somerset; due to the location of the plant you will need a full UK driving licence to access the site.
The package on offer for this position includes:
• Basic salary up to £35,000 (including shift allowance), depending on experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact MC Technical Recruitment via or call the recruitment team on (phone number removed) for a confidential chat
Employment Type: Permanent