Our client is a fast growing, dynamic and nationwide renewable energy maintenance business. They carry out work on solar farms throughout the UK, mainly in the South of England.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Operating the Telehandler and Cleaning attachment
* Work is on sites throughout the UK and as such you will be provided with hotel accommodation from Monday to Friday.
* Carry out regular inspections of the work being done.
* Provide site reports to the company directors for each job.
* Inspect and maintain the machinery.
* Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available.
* Coordinate with other contractors that may be on the site to ensure a safe working environment.
* All logistics and work involved with moving the equipment from one site to another (towing a trailer with equipment on).
* Coordinating of accommodation for all staff (due to the fast-paced nature of the work, all hotel bookings are made from the site to ensure cost effective planning).
· Follow established safety rules and regulations.
· Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
* Category B+E driving license (Trailer license) essential.
* Telehandler qualification – preferred
· Strong knowledge of machines in an agricultural setting.
· Some form of machinery operating experience is essential.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Computer literate, with a basic knowledge of word and excel.
· Excellent planning, organisational & prioritisation skills.
· Good at problem solving & decision making.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Good attention to detail is essential is everything we do.
· Maintains a professional and consistent approach.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team.
· Driving license holder.
The candidate must be flexible to work away during the week in hotel accomodation if needed due to the needs of the role. The role could also be permanent for the right candidate. For more info please call Paul or Kirstie
Employment Type: Permanent