Unit Operations Manager
Location: Meadowbank Soft Play Centre, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1DX
Salary: From £22k per annum plus colleague loyalty discount scheme with LifeWorks Perks.
Annual Holidays: 20 days per annum plus bank holidays.
Hours: 37.5hrs per week, 52 weeks per year
Churchill Catering are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to fill the post of Unit Operations Manager at Meadowbank Soft Play Centre. The ideal candidate will be required to create and retain a skilled team and lead them in delivering a high-quality offer in both soft play and catering.
Main Responsibilities and skills we are looking for are:
1. Develop and implement services which contribute to the aims and strategic plan of the company, and are financially sustainable.
2. Planning, setting up and delivering term-time and holiday play services which meet the needs of all children and young people including disabled children.
3. Manage all food and beverage requirements efficiently and carry out all necessary food safety checks to ensure compliance.
4. To provide high standards of performance, personal hygiene and appearance of you and the team at all times.
5. Lead the team to plan and deliver a programme of fun and varied play activities that are appropriately resourced and truly inclusive.
6. Ensure that staff work respectfully with the children and their families and respond positively to diversity.
7. To ensure at all times that company and statutory regulations of hygiene and safety are adhered to.
8. Ensure the services are effectively promoted and publicised to all sections of the community
9. Recruit, supervise, appraise and plan the training and continuous professional development of staff in order to meet the needs of the service.
10. Challenging poor practice and make recommendations for service improvement.
11. Developing, implementing and monitoring systems to ensure the delivery of high-quality services
12. Reporting regularly to the Management Team on the performance and development of the service and participating in meetings as required.
13. Manage the centre’s budget, collect fees and charges and ensure income and expenditure is recorded in accordance with the financial procedures and policies.
14. Undertaking training as required.
Undertake any other duties as may be appropriate and required from time to time.
Essential requirements of the post
Experience and qualifications
1. Experience of managing staff and leading teams in delivering high quality, soft play and catering services.
2. Significant experience of working with young people and parents/carers and of facilitating an inclusive child-centred service.
3. Experience of working in a leisure facility.
Knowledge and Understanding
1. A thorough knowledge and understanding of operating a soft play centre and relevant current legislation.
2. Understanding of managing a catering facility.
Skills and Abilities
1. Must be a team player with strong leadership skills and ability to work with others to achieve shared objectives.
2. Ability to maintain and develop mutually beneficial working relationships with key delivery partners.
3. Ability to maintain the health, safety and security of the staff, customers and facility.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with people in a form and manner that is consistent with their level of understanding, culture, background and preferred ways of communicating.
5. Excellent time and task management skills.
6. Ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
7. Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
8. Ability to use data effectively in setting targets.
9. Ability to manage a budget.
10. Problem solving skills.
11. IT skills to fulfil administrative requirements of the post
Employment Type: Permanent